Wednesday, August 15, 2012

She's Here!

Our sweet baby girl finally arrived the end of July!  She was a bit "late" but worth the wait.  I had typed up the looong birth story but don't really feel like doing the edits to put out in the public domain.  (If any of my friends are really interested I can share with you.)

Three weeks in and we are all still adjusting.  I realized I am in the new mom haze today when I got the youngest two napping and big kid playing on my Kindle and I was faced with what to do with my "free time."
Do I a.) shower... so very needed  b.) nap... also needed or c.) eat something.  Well if you've ever been a mama nursing a newborn you know I chose c.  Eating wins!  I might squeeze in a shower too but sadly a nap just won't fit.

People keep asking how I'm doing with three.  Honestly?  Some days are better than others.  So far it is harder going from 2 to 3 than it was to go from 1 to 2.  My middle kid is still very "two" in his actions and he needs more hands-on parenting than I feel I can give at times.  The older one is better but he has his moments too.  He is just newly 6yo so it's not like he's super grown up either.  But hey, everything is a phase with kids so I know things will change again (and again and again).  I'll find a new normal at some point here.

I have also been in planning mode for the new school year.  First grade for my 6yo and some pre-school for my (almost) 3yo.  I have put together a board on Pinterest for all the Charlotte Mason Style resources I have been collecting.  Sigh.  There are almost too many homeschool choices these days!  I have an idea of what I want to cover this year but still am less than confident about how it will come together.  I suspect I will feel something like this the beginning of every school year though.

My kids are super cute and funny and I generally like being with them.  On we go!




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a safe arrival. She is beautiful and, as a parent of one, I'm in awe of anyone who can manage three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your third! yes I thought 2-3 was harder as well but now my little one is 15 mo. it's getting a little easier. I don't currently homeschool my children but was homeschooled myself from 4rth grade on and appreciate any parent that chooses to teach their children at home. I always tell my husband I "retain the right" ha ha. I don't know what you named her, are you enjoying a girl? =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)